Ride & Stride team cycling challenge
This year we are introducing a team cycling challenge to help you raise money for your local church.
Here’s how it works:
- Get together a team of up to 8 cyclists
- Register your team with the YHCT coordinator Vanessa White on email@example.com with the team name, and location / district of team. Vanessa will set up a team My Donate page on your behalf.
- Encourage a minimum contribution of £30 from each cyclist, which is payable on line through the team’s My Donate page.
- Plan your route, taking in as many church as you can along the way.
- Check out whether the churches will be open and offering refreshments. Vanessa can help with contacts.
- Sponsorship money is split between a church of your choice and the YHCT.
- The team raising the most gets to donate 100% of the sponsorship money.
Geoffrey Taylor tells us about his plans:
“A group of us from Saint Augustines Kirkby- in -Cleveland have participated in the event for several years and had some great rides, I call our venture ‘Sprockets and Steeples’. This year is special for a couple of reasons. We have decided to ride from Whitby Abbey to Kirby, around 32 miles along the Esk Valley calling at churches along the way. The reason for this is that our two local churches at Ingleby Greenhow and Kirby ‘belonged’ to Whitby Abbey for 400 years until 1540 so its a reminder of that history. In addition a third church of our united benefice Kildale at which we shall call was the home of the Percy family who refounded Whitby Abbey after the Norman Conquest. The other special reason is that we recently held a specific fundraising effort for our hardworking vicar Anne Heading who has been with us for over eleven years and bought her a shiny new electric bike on which she whizzes around the parish without exhaust or exhaustion! Anne will be joining us for the latter part of the ride from Kildale to Kirby”