Among those opening their doors are St Chad’s on Toller Lane in Bradford, and the Moravian Church in Lower Wyke, as well as Bradford Cathedral, which has an exhibition about Bradford’s famous English mathematician and astronomer Abraham Sharp. Join them for a talk, craft activities, space-themed music, and to explore their inflatable solar system.
Churches around Bradford and the wider district that are opening on September 10 as part of Yorkshire Churches Day include the following 14 sites.
- Bradford: Bradford Cathedral
- Bradford: Lower Wyke Moravian Church
- Bradford: St Chad’s, Toller Lane
- Bradford: St John the Evangelist, Bierley
- Bradford: St Mary’s, Wyke
- Brighouse: Clifton Methodist Church
- Brighouse: St John the Evangelist
- Brighouse: St Martin
- Cleckheaton: Our Lady of Unfailing Help and St Paul
- Gomersal: St Mary the Blessed Virgin
- Heckmondwike: Church of the Holy Spirit – opens September 16 and 17
- Ilkley: All Saints
- Otley: Bridge United Reformed Church
- Otley: Parish Church, Kirkgate